Blogger Layouts

13 apr 2012

reflections entry 7



I was praying the other day while I was feeling overwhelmed by everything that was going on in my life. Between school, work, friends, family, ministry, etc., how christians treat each other.... ..(im being honest ) I was beginning to feel like it was all a bit too much.


So I prayed and went through this whole griping and moaning routine about my life, trying to get God to feel sorry for me and maybe do some type of miracle so that I could maybe feel better about myself (admit it - you do it, too!). And somewhere in the midst of my self-pity, I learned a pretty interesting thing:


What is true? That's the questioned that was presented to me. What is true, I wondered. Well, it's true that I am tired and run-down and  Okay, I was asked then, what is 'True'? And I'm thinking, what's the difference?


The difference, I discovered, was the difference between what was technically going on in my life (true) versus the spiritual lessons I was learning ('True'). Yes, it was true that I was often tired and run-down from trying to manage multiple obligations, but it was also 'True'

 that I was learning patience, endurance and long-suffering. And, yes, it was true that things had not worked out exactly the way I had planned, but it was also 'True' that I had learned to have greater faith and greater trust and had more confidence that God's will for my life was much better than any of my own plans.

So, the next time you're having a tough day, just remember to compare your 'true' with your 'True'. God is still working in your life and you can find the lesson in almost every experience.

Be Blessed!





3 opmerkingen:

  1. Your are so right, that was beautiful, honest, and heartfelt. Thank You so much.

    Michelle

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. It's funny how God is always teaching us even during those seasons of life that take us by storm and we begin to feel washed away a bit. He is ever faithful. Thank you for linking up at What Joy Is Mine.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

thank you for leaving a kind comment...blessings for you wherever you are in the world right now..